Introduction to the top 10 online shopping sites in India
In this article, we are talking about top 10 online shopping sites in India. The list is based on the site popularity ease of use and features given.
Over the past few decades, online shopping sites have completely changed our shopping mode. Whether we talk about books or clothes, whatever we want to buy today, we easily order it online sitting at home. Of Course, the ease of access credit goes totally to the internet. If we compare the today internet with the Internet 10 years ago, the difference is clearly visible. Today the internet has reached almost everywhere. But in today’s article, we will not talk about the internet instead we are talking about the online shopping sites. Today, hundreds of millions of retailers have joined the online shopping sites. And consumer also has benefited from it. Consumers conveniently sit at home and select their items of choice on the site and the item becomes deliver at home. Consumers also can easily purchase some items that may not be available in their area.
About top 10 online shopping sites in India
Presently, there are too many online shopping sites in India. Now, even a mall opens, then it opens its own e-commerce website. Today users are getting confused about choosing the good online shopping sites. They did not know which shopping sites give them a good option to buy a product. So, In today’s article, we list you the top 10 online shopping sites in India as well also list their pro and cons.
Top 10 online shopping sites in India 2017
The first website that falls on our list of top 10 online shopping sites in India is Flipkart. The Website is launched in October 2007. Now, the India’s best e-commerce market. It starts with a team of 2. Now, today it a company with 100 million registered users, 8 million shipments per month, 100 thousand sellers and 21 states of art warehouses. In 2007 it only sells the book. In 2013 it sells one lakh book in a single day. By 2014 it got billion dollar funding and acquired Myntra. This year it crosses 100 million registered users. This number is really a serious count for an e-commerce site.
- Flipkart has the huge amount of products like electronic products, consumer appliances, men’s, women’s and kids wears and even great collection of furniture and books.
- It’s easy to return policy is seriously awesome. If you buy a product and found it damaged you can easily return that item within the certain number of days of your purchase.
- The item delivers on time. Here, you can even track your shipment using your email ID and tracking ID.
- One of the best things about Flipkart is it delivers quality products. From the quality products, we mean that before sending the product to the customer the product goes through 6 rigorous quality check process. Finally, the products are parcel to the customer.
- In Flipkart, you also get best deals and offers. Apart from that here, you also purchase your favorite products using EMI option. This may be helpful when you buy an expensive item.
- It has different payment methods available most popularly, Cash on Delivery is available for all the location where the products are delivered.
- It delivers their products only in India. Even if you are willing to pay more money for international delivery its product won’t deliver outside of India.
- In some areas of India also its service is not available.
- It charges a bit more for their products.
- You have to buy a product whose price is at least Rs 500 to get a free home delivery. Even for some products whose price is greater than Rs 500 you won’t get free home delivery.
The Second website that falls on our list of top 10 online shopping sites in India is Amazon. Amazon launched their Indian subsidiary in 2013 after six-year Flipkart was founded. Now, it makes it impression so as to Count its presence in the Country. The Company invests more and more, the e-commerce market is rapidly increasing in India. Its monthly active users are higher than Snapdeal even though it launched in India 3 years after the Snapdeal.
- The best thing about Amazon India is the huge product database. Here, we can find any number of products. In Fact, The number of products Amazon contains is a lot greater than Flipkart. There are some products you can’t find in Flipkart but on Amazon, you get it easily.
- Here, you can find any books. It has a huge book database. Amazon even encourages book retailers by listing even one book. That way, you can find the unique collection of books there.
- Amazon Prime membership gives user guaranteed one day, two day or standard delivery on eligible items. Users also have the access to the Latest Bollywood, Hollywood, and Regional videos all across the world for free without paying any extra charges. Prime Membership Users get the best deal and offer first right into their inbox. The user can take Amazon Prime membership for just Rs 999 for a year.
- Who don’t know the return policy of Amazon? In fact, Amazon also has to face few losses due to its so-called return policy of products.
- It has different payment methods available but Cash on Delivery is not available for all the location.
- Amazon Product packaging is not so good when we compare it to Flipkart.
- Its service is not yet present in most of the areas in India.
- Sometimes Amazon not deliver the products on time.
- Price of the products is little higher as compared to other sites.
Read Also: Top 10 Cool Websites
The Third website that falls on our list of top 10 online shopping sites in India is Snapdeal. It is also another popular online shopping marketplace in India. Snapdeal launched in India just three years after the Flipkart. In 2010 Kunal Bahl along with Rohit Bansal started Snapdeal.com. Right now it has 35 million plus products in its online marketplace with over 800 plus categories. It delivers their product in 6000 plus cities all across the India.
- Likewise Flipkart and Amazon it also has a huge database of products. But the number of products present in its marketplace is less the Flipkart and Amazon.
- The best part of shopping with Snapdeal is its product price is significantly low as compared to Flipkart and Amazon.
- It has different payments method available as well as Cash on Delivery is also available for all the location.
- The Product Packaging is also good when we compare it to the Amazon India.
- Users also have the option to refund the items.
- Its service is available in most of the part when we compare it to Amazon India.
- They don’t have a toll free number of there customer support.
- The products they show on their site is outdated. This thing applies to almost all the shopping sites.
- Delivering products takes time. We meant to say that, when we compare it with Amazon and Flipkart they take a huge count of days to deliver their products.
It is another online marketplace founded in 2011 by Clues Network Private Ltd. Right now serving over 32000 pin codes across India with over 2.8 crore products. The company is located in Gurgaon India.
- Here you also an option to choose from the huge collection of products from Clothing to Electronic appliances. We meant to say Ting se leke Tong tak 🙂
- Shopclues claims that there you get an experience like local bazaar on Sunday which they call as Sunday flea market and Wednesday which they call as of Wednesday Super Saver Bazaar.
- ShopClues claims that they have achieved the largest merchant base of over 3.5 Lakhs in India Online Market.
- In our opinion, this site is better for buying smart and small deal products.
- The website is best for purchasing Clothing products. The Rate is awesome.
- They take from you a large number of days to deliver the product.
- The quality of the product they deliver you can be rated as average.
Who does not know about Paytm, we all know that this is the most used digital payment service in India. But if we talk about Paytm Mall, then some users will hardly know about it. Yes, there is also a mall of Paytm where you can buy day to day items. From electronic applications to clothing and from Kitchen Appliances to Car and Bikes, everything is available in the Paytm Mall. Now let’s talk about its Pros and Cons.
- Here, Users find a huge collection of products from almost every category.
- The user can also buy bikes and Cars which is not available in any online shopping sites which we mention in our list here.
- Price rate of the item is good.
- The user can get the huge range of discount for products. Cashbacks are also given for some products.
- The unique collection of products. We meant to say that user can also find some item here which is not present in any other shopping site.
- Cash on Delivery is not available in most parts of the country.
Myntra is an another largest e-commerce store for fashion and lifestyle products in India. In Myntra you can shop for all the items related to clothing. It even includes Home décor and furnishing, including bedding, rugs and mats, kitchenware, curtains, lamps, paintings, and more.
- Shipping charges are really nice.
- The best thing about Myntra is its 30-day return policy. Means you can use their products for 30 days and if you don’t like it then you can return it within 30 days.
- A wide range of dresses and designers utilities are available on the site.
- This year after Diwali, Myntra has reduced their prices very much and has come up with exciting offers too.
- Here Cash on Delivery Option is also available but not some locations.
- Despite all of this they don’t deliver their products everywhere.
- It’s only about fashion and accessories.
- Takes more time to deliver products.
Jabong is also an old name in Indian fashion and e-commerce online portal. Its headquarter is located in Gurgaon NCR. At Jabong user can find a huge amount of lifestyle products. Following are the Pros and Cons of the site. In July 2016 Flipkart acquired Jabong through its unit Myntra for about $70 million.
- Jabong is better known for its discount coupons.
- It has huge collections with more than 2,000 brands and 200,000 styles.
- Jabong also sells a category of product called athleisure which is a hybrid between what you’d wear at the gym and social outing.
- In it, users get Indian designers as well western brands like Gap and Nike.
- Also Provides Cash on Delivery option.
- It also provides 15 Day return policy.
- The price range of the items is quite high.
- Items are little more outdated, it happens with almost every online sites.
Abof also falls under the category of online Clothing and Fashion fashion shopping site. Here you get all the products related to Mens and Women’s Clothing.
- A wide range of designer dresses is available on the site.
- Dresses with good quality.
- Delivers at the given time even before.
- Always they are having great offers.
- They also include cash on delivery option and provide return policy also.
- Delivery charges are a bit high.
- Price range is quite high.
- Only deals with dresses.
Ajio is another emerging name in the field of online fashion and Clothing sites in India. Its owner is Mukesh Ambani. Here you get all the items which belong to fashion and lifestyle like Clothing, Footwear. Right Now, they are also rolling into Tech Products like Smartphones, Smartphone accessories, speakers, Smart home materials etc. Now, let’s talk about its Pros and Cons.
- Firstly, it’s a brand given by Mukesh Ambani then no doubt it has some serious offers.
- You can get huge discounts and Cashback by buying the item from Jio Money.
- All the items here are assured quality.
- They provide 30-day return policy which is only given by Myntra also on our list.
- Cash on delivery is available but for some locations, you have to buy items for at least Rs 5000 to use this feature. Let’s assume that Cash on Delivery option is poor.
- Because of Branding, the price rate of items is quite high.
It is also an Indian e-commerce website which is selling electronic appliances as well as Mens and Womens Clothing and lifestyle products. Within a year under its launch, it falls under the top 10 e-commerce sites in India. Let’s get into it Pros and Cons.
- First of all, let me tell you that the site is fully secure because you can easily see a green Tata Unistore Limited lock on the URL. It means that company pays a huge amount of money for its data encryption.
- Huge range of products is available from Clothing to Electronic appliances.
- Cash on Delivery is available for most of the locations in India.
- Most of the Products on the site are Branded are quality assured.
- Have also a sister website called luxury.tatacliq.com. Here you find luxury brands like Alberto Guardiani, Armani Exchange etc.
- The Price range of the products is quite high.
Read Also: Best Waterproof Smartphones in India