To make India more Digital towards Indian Railway, Reliance launches JioRail app for Jio Phone and Jio Phone 2 users.
JioRail App Services
On this app you can use the following IRCTC services:
- Sign up for IRCTC account
- Book and Cancel IRCTC Tickets
- Check PNR status: Note that you can check the PNR status of only those tickets that are booked through JioRail App.
- File TDR
The app is available in Jio Store and you can install it from there.
Once you install the app, it ask you to turn off the predictive text setting. You can turn off this setting by going to this location: Settings>Personalization>Input methods>Show predictions>Off
Once you do it, you can either choose the option to Do not show this message again or Just choose the Ok option.
At the time of writing this article, the app version is 1.7.5.
How to book ticket via JioRail App?
To book ticket via JioRail App do the steps given below:
- First Go to Booking section.
- Then, feed the source destination and your travelling date.
- After that you get a list of trains from which you select one.
- Now, check the fare, availability and choose the class.
- Then, Provide your IRCTC user ID.
- Add Passengers for Journey
- Then, Make Payment.
- Once done, Provide your IRCTC user ID and Password.
JioRail App Ticket Booking Rules
Note that from the departure date of train, you can book a ticket in advance for any class before 120 days.
You can book a maximum of 6 tickets at once for passengers which in case of tatkal is 4 only. Moreover, In a month also you can book a maximum of 6 tickets.
JioRail App Booking Timings
In JioRail App you can’t book a ticket between the following time periods.
- 11:45 PM to 12:15 AM ( Booking )
- 10:58 AM to 11:15 AM ( Booking + Enquiry)
Between 8:00 AM to 9:15 AM, you can see the list of all trains that become available for booking on a particular date.
Booking for Tatkal AC starts at 10:00 AM and ends on 10:15 AM.
Moreover, Booking for Tatkal Non-AC starts at 11:00 AM and ends on 11:15 AM.