If you want to create Google Pay account without debit card, this article is for you. Here we explain a different approach that you can use to successfully create a Google Pay account.
Google Pay is the second most usable UPI apps in India after Phone Pe.
It has 34 percent UPI usage share in India.
Due to its smooth user interface and unique features, the UPI app has around 67 million monthly active users in India.
The app so far has made transactions worth around $110 billion through its online and offline merchants.
Having such popularity, still there are some users who don’t want to use Google Pay as it requires their debit card data to create an account. But, not now.
The platform now supports Aadhaar-based authentication for UPI activation.
Which means, there is no need for a debit card to set up a Google Pay account.
A user just has to provide the first six digits of their Aadhaar number to complete the validation process.
This new functionality is expected to help more and more users to create their account on Google Pay as it doesn’t require the use of a debit card.
Let’s look at the process now.
How to Create a Google Pay Account using Aadhaar?
If you want to create a Google Pay account using Aadhaar, the process is very simple. Just follow the steps given below.
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Tap on the profile picture icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on the Bank Account.
- Add a Bank Account.
- Fill out the bank account details.
- After filling out the bank account details, it asks you to verify the bank account.
- Select Aadhaar.
- Enter the first six digits of your Aadhaar Number.
- Now, Create a UPI Pin.
- Now, enter the 6 digit Aadhaar OTP that has been received on your registered mobile number.
- After that, enter the 6-digit bank OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- Now, set the 6 digit UPI Pin and confirm it.
That’s it, you are all set to use the Google Pay account without using your debit card.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
There are a few things that you should keep in mind and require while using this process for using the Google Pay account.
- Your Phone number should be linked with the UIDAI and the bank account you want to use.
- The bank account should be linked with the Aadhaar card you want to use.
- Since this feature is new, there are a few banks that support it. For example, Punjab National Bank, Canara Bank, Paytm Payments Bank and more, whereas, it is still not supported by some major banks like HDFC, ICICI etc.
That’s it for the article. Google pay has made it easier for users to create an account without needing the debit card. With Aadhaar based authentication, the platform is set to expect more users registering in the platform. That’s because the process is more simple and straightforward. What do you think about it, let me know in the comments down below.