To ease customers to choose the channels of their choice from their DPO, TRAI launches the Channel Selector App for iOS and Android.
Last year, After setting up new Tariff rules for Cable Channels, it was confusing for customers to choose the channels of their choice from their Distributed Platform Operators. To ease this process, Last year, TRAI launches the web-based channel selector app to help users choose their favorite channels and get the exact monthly bill to pay. Today, the Telecom regulatory body has launched the mobile App for the same web-based channel selector app it launched last year.
This App is available for both the iOS and Android users and is present in their respective App stores. Currently, The mobile-based channel selector app is functional with all the major DTH and Cable operators. However, more DTH and Cable operators are going to be added in the coming days.
The Channel Selector app not just eases the process of choosing favorite TV Channels; instead, it will also bring transparency in the price a user has to pay for their favorite TV channel. With the channel selector app, Users can check their existing subscription, choose the channels and bouquets of their interest, and remove the unwanted channels. This way, they can optimize the price and channels of their choice.
A user can register in the App by merely authenticating an OTP via the registered mobile number. In case a user hasn’t registered a mobile number to their DPO, then OTP can be received on the TV screen.
Trai Says, the App facilitates subscribers to:
- Check their subscription.
- View all Channels and Bouquets provided by their DTH/Cable Operator.
- Choose only the channels of interest and remove unwanted channels.
- Get Optimized solution; Get the best combination of user-selected channels/bouquets at the same price or less cost.
- Facility to add channels in the applicable NCF (Network Capacity Fee).
- Allow users to modify the existing subscription.
- Check the real-time status of the subscription request.