Instagram is the most downloaded app in the world right now. The monthly active users on the platform are reaching around 2.5 billion.
The platform has achieved such stats because it listens to the features users are asking for.
Now, recently, Instagram has added a feature that allows users to now add up to 5 links to their profile. So far, it was restricted to only one.
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said that “This is one of the most requested features we consistently getting requested from the users”.
So, how you can enable this feature and how does it works, let’s look at the same now.
How to Add Multiple Links to Your Instagram Profile?
As I told you above, you can now add up to 5 links to your Instagram profile.
To add the links in your bio:
- Open the Instagram app and visit your profile page
- Then, Tap on Edit Profile > Add Link > Add External Link
- Now, paste the URL, give it a title, and save.
- You can then, tap on Add External Link option again and again till the addition of 5 links.
Only One Link will be Visible
While you can now add up to 5 links to your Instagram Bio, your followers will see only one link because the other 4 links are folded inside a pop-up menu that can be opened by clicking on the link on the bio.
How does adding multiple links to your Instagram profile benefit you?
Adding multiple links on your Instagram profile helps you to:
- Showcase more of your content and resources such as website, blog, and social media handles to your followers on Instagram.
- Drive more traffic and conversions to your website or other platforms.
- Provide more value and resources to your followers.
- Increase your credibility and authority in your niche by linking to reputable sources.
- Give a more engaging and interactive experience to your followers.
Will this feature be a threat to third-party services like Linktree?
Well, I think now right now. Of course, Linktree offers a similar functionality of adding multiple links to Instagram bio but it offers more features like link analytics, customization options for the link popup menu, and more.
So, should you still continue Linktree? Well, it depends on your preference and needs, sees what works best for you and go with it.