Xiaomi Redmi 5A is launched in India. Firstly, Xiaomi launched its Redmi 5A smartphone in China in October. In India, the device is presented as ‘Desh ka Smartphone’. Along with the specification of Xiaomi Redmi 5A, the price is also entry level. The most important feature of the smartphone is that the company claims to have 8-day battery life. The Redmi 5A is preloaded with MIUI 9. That is the reason behind the battery performance of the smartphone. You can think of this smartphone as an upgraded version of last year’s Redmi 4A. Xiaomi Redmi 4A is currently available in India at a price of Rs 5,999.
It is worth noting that, In the Indian market, the phone will be present with some changes when we compare it with the Chinese variants. For example, There is a separate MicroSD card slot in the Indian variant, while the Chinese variant comes with a hybrid dual sim slot. Xiaomi launches this smartphone with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage in India. Whereas it launches this smartphone with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage in China.
Price and launch offer of Xiaomi Redmi 5A
Xiaomi Redmi 5A with 2GB of RAM variant has a price of Rs 5,999 whereas 3GB RAM variant costs Rs. 6,999 in India. This phone will be available in India from 7 to 12 December at Flipkart and Xiaomi Home Store. In addition to all the partner stores, the phone will also be available in retail stores. The smartphone will be available in Dark Gray, Gold, and Rose Gold Color variants.
Under the launch offer, Xiaomi is offering a rebate of 1,000 rupees to the first 5 million customers who buy 2GB RAM variants of this phone. That is, the new handset will costs at Rs 4,999 at that time.
Read also: Best Smartphone with 6GB RAM in India
Xiaomi Redmi 5A specification
- The Dual-SIM Xiaomi Redmi 5A runs on MIUI 9 based Android Nougat.
- There is a 5 inch HD (720×1280 pixel) display with the pixel density of 296 PPI is present in it.
- The phone runs on 1.4GHz Quad-core Qualcomm 425 processor.
- The Smartphone also has 13 megapixels of rear camera with an aperture of F/2.0 plus LED flash.
- Furthermore, A 5-megapixel of the front camera with an aperture of F/2.0 is also present in the phone for Selfie lovers and video chatting
- The Phone has 16GB of inbuilt internal storage which can be expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
- For connectivity, the phone has 4G VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 B/G/N, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/A-GPS, Infrared.
- A 3.5mm Audio Jack and a Micro-USB Port are provided for Playing music and data transfer.
- It also has an accelerometer plus ambient light sensor and a proximity sensor.
- A 3000 mAh battery is present to power the device.
- The Interesting thing is company claims that the standby time of the phone is up to 8 days whereas the video playback time is 7 hours.