Guide to Select Best Room Heater this Winter
In this article, we guide you on how to select best room heater for yourself. As the winter knocks on your doorstep so, it’s a right time to buy a room heater. The winter season is quite famous for its white beauty, but it’s cold makes it quite brutal. Some people enjoy it like a romantic season, but for others, it is nothing more than a cup of cold cups. But one thing is certain that in this season everybody likes to be spit in their blankets. Even people can not roam properly in their own house because of the cold.
But thanks to the advancement of science, which gave us more comfortable ways to live fee inside our house. Yes, we are talking about room heaters. Isn’t Room Heaters a Precious Gift From Science? Do let us know your view in the comments section below. So, in our article, we will tell you how to select best room heater for yourself or your family or friends.
What are the different types of Room Heater available in the market?
If you go to buy a room heater in the market, what will you first say to the shopkeeper that we have to buy a room heater isn’t it? Now after asking this question, He will definitely understand that you have no idea about room heaters. So, let us help you select best room heater for yourself. Basically, room heater is of three types. Sometimes room heaters are also called as space heaters. There are several types of room heaters available in the market which are given below:
If you are looking for a heater that provides hot air, fan heater is best for you. This heater is frequently used for rooms. The heater is equipped with ceramic rings which provide warm air around. At the same time, it also has a blower which throws out the hot air. Your hands will not burn in this heater if you touch it. So, according to caution, it is also fine. Fan heaters are not too expensive and it also has less electricity consumption. Sometimes Fan heaters are also known as the ceramic heater or a blower room heater. Fan heater heats the room fastest.
Infrared Heater is the cheapest type of room heater. These heaters are useful during campfire or for an individual. But this heater keeps its closest place warm. It is best for an individual or small spaces. According to caution, this heater is not safe as its surface is very hot. Infrared heaters are also known as halogen or quartz heater.
Oil Filled Heater
Oil Filled Heater is one of the finest heaters but it takes time to get hot. The heater provides sufficient amount of heat even after it is off. It gives less noise in comparison to ceramic heater. As it works on oil, there is plenty of oxygen in the room and electricity consumption is also quite low. Accordingly, for newborns, this heater is also good. But let us tell you that the oil field heater does not mean that it will not work on electricity. With the help of electricity the oil that is present inside the heater gets hot.
- Do not buy an infrared heater if you have children in your house and they are naughty. In that case, you can either buy a fan heater or oil filled heater.
- If you work somewhere or live alone an infrared heater is a good option for you. These heaters provide adequate heat for a room.
- Fan Heaters are the best choice if you are living in a big room with 4-5 people. However, you can also use an oil filled heater. But let’s tell you that oil filled heaters are more expensive in comparison to fan heaters.
How much electricity does the heater consume?
Whenever we talk about a heater, we definitely also think about electricity. So here we also want to tell you how much electricity does the heater consumes.
- Fan Heater takes the most power consumption. Even its best models are consuming 1500 watts of power. Generally, it consumes approximately 2000 watts of power.
- Infrared heaters consume less electricity as compared to fan heaters. These heaters consume 800 to 1200 watts of power
- Oil filled heaters consume less electricity among all.
Amount of Oxygen Heater Reduces Inside the Room
If you want to select best room heater you must have to also look at the amount of it reduces inside your room. If we look at the amount of oxygen in the room, infrared and fan heater reduces the amount of oxygen present in the room. However, you can avoid this if you fill a bucket with water in one corner of the room. But will oil filled heaters there is no shortage of oxygen in the room. Speaking of asthma patients, any electric heater is right for them. But keep in mind if there is an asthma patient in your home then do not buy any gas heaters. Gas heaters are also available on the market but do avoid them.
Safety Tips Related to Heater
- Keep your heater at least 3 feet away from your bed.
- Secondly, if the heater becomes too hot, then it will automatically shut down itself.
- Keep in mind that you have installed the proper electricity board to avoid electric shock in your home. Use only 15 amp plug for the heater operating on 15 amp.
Some great brands of heater
Some of India’s finest room heater brands are Morphy Richards, Crompton Greaves, Havells, ORPAT, Usha etc.
Price range of heaters
The price of common fan heaters is between 1000 and 2000 thousand rupees. But if you need a timer and thermostat in it then its price will be between 5000 to 7000 rupees. Infrared heaters cost between 1000 to 1500 rupees. Price of Oil filled heaters is between Rs 10000 and Rs 15,000.
Read also: Best 4K TV in India