Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen Ads: Introduction
If you want to disable Windows 10 Lock Screen Ads and don’t know how to do it. Then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to guide you how you can perform this operation. Microsoft has given its huge fan following users a beautiful OS. But we can’t even turn to the point that it is also a complex operating system. Some of its features are still modern for the users. One such feature is to present the Ads on the lock screen. Some users don’t have any problems with this. On the other hand, some have. So if you are one of the users who have trouble with this feature then this article is for you.
Steps to Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen Ads
Following are the steps below to disable Windows 10 lock screen ads:
- First of all, open your Start menu.
- Then, Open the Setting App by clicking on it.
- Now, you see Personalization section there, Open it.
- Here, Click on the Lock screen.
- Now, In the Lock Screen section, Background Section is present on the right side.
- Beneath the Background section, you see a drawer, click on it and from those three options i.e. Windows Spotlight, Picture and Slideshow, select Picture. Let me clear you, this is the Windows Spotlight feature which enables the ad on the lock screen. Windows Spotlight is a default feature, which is included in Windows 10 to automatically download pictures and ads from the Bing search engine. If you turn it on it shows advertisement on your Windows 10 lock screen.
- After choosing the picture option, By going down you see an option which is Get fun facts, tips, tricks. Uncheck it.
Pro Tip: If you do not have any problems with the ads which comes to your lock screen, then you can even customize the content of the ads according to your interest.
Read also: How to diagnose hard drive failure?
How to Customize the Content of the Ads on Your Lock Screen?
To Customize the content of the Ads on your lock screen follow the steps given below:
Click on icon present on the top right corner of your screen.
Here, You get two options the first one is I want more!. If you click on this option, this will tell the windows server to give you similar ad content just like the one which is present on your screen right now.
The second option is Not a fan. If you click on this option then, another category of ads will appear on your screen in the future.